Sunday, June 05, 2005

Life in Transit

This morning (Sunday) I woke at 6.00 am and then got up at 6.15 after finding that I couldn't go to sleep again. That's even earlier than when I was going to Haringey every day !

Three days after finishing at Haringey I am preparing to leave for Malaysia a week today.

This involves a lot of packing, which I try to leave to my wife - I just do the 'manly' work of supervising. It also involves helping my wife in arrangements for a Research Project looking at Indigenous Knowledge Management in Malaysia. Unfortunately, this seems to lead to a lot of arguments between us even though (as I keep telling her) I am trying to help ! It's a lot like "don't teach your wife to drive".

On Thursday I dropped in on a session at the Local Library about researching your Family Tree.
It was a sad insight into how some people spend their lives. There were about 9 people at the session, 6 were elderly retired people who looked like they were just waiting for the Grim Reaper to come calling. There was one couple in their late 30's who seemed to have figured out a way to make money out of Family Trees judging by their energy and commitment. Maybe they are selling Family Trees on eBay ?
Then there was me - and I found it hard to decide which category I was in - finally I thought I was like an actor resting beteen parts.

To everyone at Haringey - take care and I'll keep in touch.

Barry

No comments: